Is moving to a senior living right now a good idea for your senior loved one? Are you and your family ready to take on the needs of a caregiver on a full-time basis? Are you considering the move to assisted living for your loved one?
The following are some valid considerations that a move to senior living is still appropriate:
- Preparedness security
- Daily medical assessment for COVID-19 symptoms
- 24/7 nursing and care staff available to respond to any sudden illness like COVID-19
- Chef prepared meals with room service
- Medication assistance
- Laundry assistance
We all know a senior has a better chance to stay healthy and alert if their issues are assessed quickly and medical care is initiated in a timely manner. If your senior loved one is in desperate need of assistance, you may want to consider assisted living. In a home setting, care falls on you, as most likely the responsibility for buying groceries, cooking, administrating medicines, doing the laundry, and ensuring the environment is free from health and safety hazards.
The Classic is the safest place to be with protections in place to keep you safe!
- It can be hard to guarantee a home that’s free of contamination with friends and family coming and going. At The Classic, we are observing the current COVID-19 guidelines that limit family visits to pre-scheduled times with designated visiting stations that permit social distancing.
- We have safety measures in place that include frequent sanitization on frequently touched surfaces, daily temperature checks for residents and employees as well as personal protective equipment for all our employees when in contact with our residents.
- All residents are required to wear a facemask at all times when outside his/her apartment.
We are continuing to evaluate our procedures on a daily basis to ensure that we are practicing safety and health standards set forth by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC), the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), and the Eau Claire City-County Health Department.
Do YOU have what it takes to take care of your loved one at home?
Ultimately, every family must weigh and balance the risks.
- Can they give an older parent enough attention?
- Do they have the emotional and physical stamina to take on a full-time caregiver role?
- What does the parent want?
Schedule a tour at The Classic today!
Now is a better time than any to consider a move to senior living. The safety of our residents is of greatest importance, as we continue to navigate our way through the ongoing threat of the Coronavirus.