The Classic is the safest place to be with protections in place to keep you safe!
Consider the following…
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Classic’s COVID-19 incidence rate is .012%! (based on total number of resident cases divided by total resident days). If you applied our incidence rate to Eau Claire County during the same period, (March thru November), there would be slightly over 3,100 cases vs. the current 8,000 cases now being reported).
It’s VERY important to note that The Classic has been able to offer a safe, healthy, and social environment, while still allowing for residents to be out and about in our community with daily access to numerous activities albeit with some modifications and restrictions.
Residents and Staff Health and Safety are #1 Priority
It seems like a week doesn’t go by without a national news story about how a nursing home or assisted living community has been affected by a COVID-19 outbreak. It’s only natural to react with hesitation if you’ve been considering a move to a senior living community when you retire. You may be asking yourself: Is senior living as safe as you originally thought?
While it’s true that there are nursing homes and assisted living facilities that have been impacted by COVID-19 outbreaks, that isn’t the whole story. In fact, many senior living communities across the country like The Classic have been very successful at keeping their residents and employees safe and healthy during this unprecedented time.
Health & Safety First
- If you are continuing to live in your own home, it’s highly unlikely that’s it’s free of contamination with friends and family coming and going. At The Classic, we are observing the current COVID-19 guidelines that limit family visits to pre-scheduled times with designated visiting stations that permit social distancing.
- We have safety measures in place that include frequent sanitization on frequently touched surfaces, daily temperature checks for residents and employees as well as personal protective equipment for all our employees when in contact with our residents.
- All residents are required to wear a facemask at all times when outside his/her apartment.
- We are continuing to evaluate our procedures on a daily basis to ensure that we are practicing safety and health standards set forth by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC), the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), and the Eau Claire City-County Health Department.
How The Classic is Working to Keep Residents from Contracting COVID-19
Safety has always been a top priority at The Classic. The pandemic has simply caused us to implement additional protocols and procedure to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of their residents, family members, and staff.
These safety measures and protocols include:
- Closely following CDC, DHS, and City-County Health Department guidelines – As the country’s health protection agency, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the leading voice on COVID-19 and how senior living communities should approach keeping their residents and employees safe. At The Classic, we have continued to follow CDC guidelines, including mandating social distancing and mask wearing. We are also in constant communication with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) as well as the Eau Claire City-County Health Department in order to conform to any additional local guidelines that will help protect our residents and staff as much as possible. We continually communicate and remind our residents and resident’s families of the guidelines and any changes that may occur.
- Visitor Restrictions – The Classic continues to be one of the safest places to reside due to visitor restrictions. Following CDC recommendations and aligning with the guidelines set forth by the City-County Health Department, non-essential visitors, e.g. family members are currently restricted to scheduled visits in common areas with visiting stations that allow for appropriate social distancing. All approved visitors are screened and must follow social distancing and sanitation guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone on our campus.
- Appropriate Group Activities – Knowing how valuable socialization is, we have embraced a sense of community by offering numerous hallway activities while allowing for other small group activities that can observe appropriate social distancing guidelines. It’s very typical for residents to have access to an average of 10 activities or happenings each day.
- Encouraging Residents to Limit Unnecessary Travel – As challenging as it is, one of the best ways The Classic has contained COVID-19 is by encouraging all residents to stay in their residences and only leave the community for medical and emergency situations. We continue to educate our residents regarding the risk of unnecessary appointments and trips. This message is communicated to our entire community including residents, their families, and our staff. We’re all in this together and want to do our part to protect The Classic community.
- Enforcing Mask Wearing and Social Distancing – Research and science continues to show that mask wearing is a critical tool in fighting against the spread of COVID-19. At The Classic, we know how important it is to wear a mask and social distance. These tactics can dramatically increase our residents’ and staff members’ safety. While wearing a mask is not always comfortable, it’s a small thing you can do to protect you and your neighbor. All residents, staff, and approved visitors must wear a mask while at The Classic.
- Managing COVID-19 Cases, if They Occur – No senior living community can predict when or where a COVID-19 case will appear. That’s why The Classic continues to adhere to safety guidelines, and monitor the health of all residents, staff, and any allowed on-site visitors. If a positive case of COVID-19 is reported at The Classic, we have measures and protocols in place that allow us to quickly and effectively communicate to our residents, family members, and staff the policies and procedures we’ll follow to prevent community spread. The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our top priority!
The Classic Puts Your Health and Safety First
There is nothing more important than living in a place that takes your health and safety just as seriously as you do. At The Classic, we have been proactive throughout this entire pandemic by following CDC guidelines, implementing protocols and measures designed to keep our entire community healthy and safe, and by communicating regular updates and pertinent protocol changes to residents, their families, and our staff.
Our residents and staff’s safety and overall quality of life is a top priority at The Classic. Like everyone, we too are anxious to get back to life as usual including our normal routine of events, trips, and celebrations. In the meantime, rest assured that a move to a senior living community like The Classic is safe and may even provide a better quality of life than what you’re currently experiencing during this pandemic.
The Classic offers a vibrant lifestyle that promotes health, safety, and peace of mind. To learn more about our community’s living options or to schedule a tour, call us today at 715-839-0200.